[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: bitstreamout-0.42i (Was: AC3 over Soundcard (live and replay))

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 06:06:39PM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> "Dr. Werner Fink" wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 05:11:10PM +0100, =?iso-8859-1?Q?H. _Sch=F6bel?= wrote:
> > >
> > > Ok, my config:
> > >
> > > 1st card DVB-C (Siemens) as primary
> > > 2nd card DVB-C (Technotrend)
> > > 3rd card DVB-S (Hauppauge) without IRQ Sharing....
> > >
> > > Therefore for Pro-7 Transfermode is ok. The CMI on Board is the only
> > > card in system. In modules.conf:
> >
> > The question is: Does the bitstreamout plugin get any data from
> > the primary device which is used for TV viewing.  And does the
> > transfermode collide with the receiving thread of the bitstreamout
> > plugin.  If so this may IMHO be a bug in VDR ???
> >
> > @Klaus: does the transfer mode collide with an receiver attachted
> > onto a channel of the primary card?
>
> I don't think so. A cReceiver should be able to run while a cPlayer
> is replaying. That's also what happens when you run a recording on
> your primary card and replay something else at the same time.

Hmmm ... my cChannelOutAC3 class uses cStatus for enableing/disabling
my cInStream class with ChannelSwitch() and Replaying().
The cInStream class ist self uses cReceiver and cThread for receiving
and parsing the TS in an own thrad for private stream 1 and AC3 therein.

The Replaying() ensure that a started replay doesn't collide with
my cReplayOutAC3 class which uses cAudio and cThread.  Both classes
cReplayOutAC3 and cChannelOutAC3 are checking for each other by checking
if the `*dolbyDev' aka the sound card is used only by one of them.

Clearly cReplayOutAC3 parses in an own thread the PES packages received
for private stream 1 and AC3 therein.

Anyone out there with more than one card and able to debug the
problem? AFAIS if cReplayOutAC3::Play() and cInStream::Receive()
are called by VDR there should no problem with an parallel
running transfer thread and its receiver(s), shouldn't it.
E.g the log messages of the classes would be interesting:

  BOUNCE: ...   are messages from the fast ringbuffer
  INSTREAM: ... are messages from the cInStream class
  CHANNELOUT: ..are messages from the cChannelOutAC3 class
  REPLAY: ...   are messages from the cReplayOutAC3 class
  S/P-DIF: ...  are messages from the object dolbyDev derived from spdif class
  AC3PCM: ...   are messages from the object ac3 derived from the iec60958 class.

      Werner