[vdr] Re: High CPU usage of vdr-1.1.22

Emil Naepflein wrote:

Hi Klaus,

this weekend I upgraded on my server with 4 DVB-S cards from 1.0.4 to
1.1.22. In general the new version works stable.
Who has similar experience with vdr-1.1.22?

I used 1.1.17 for some time and had lots of problems. Some days ago I switched to 1.1.22. I lost some recordings right away. I disabled
the two defines for simultanious recording/playbayck. After that there were no more stability problems. :-)

But: I have recordings that seem to be corrupted in some way. The can be viewed without distortions, but sometimes they just get stuck. I need to skip over these moments. Generally fast forward/backword does not work good with these recordings, like the index had been produced with genindex.

But, it uses much more cpu than the old version.
Have you tried to disable the two defines? I had high cpu load with my 1.1.17 (with defines) but not with 1.1.22 (without defines). I don`t know about 1.1.22 with defines.

The reason may be that the number of interrupts/s hits about 8000-10000.
This seems to be excessively high.

Could this lead to corrupt files? Maybe we should try Emeralds fidbirq() patch!
Is there any tool that checks the integrity of a stream (headers and some CRC)?

By the way: anybody using "streamtype" of mpegtools? I tried several versions (also the current one frome Metzler brothers page) and only got segfaults :-(

Any ideas?

hmm

Greetings

  Michael