[vdr] Addition to latest Announces

Hello,

since I've just adapted everything now I've found spare time, I'd like to
inform everybody about the status of my developments.

Streaming-Plugin:
I've got a couple of printed emails specifying bugs in the plugin. I'll try to
correct most of them in the next weeks. Since multicasting still doesn't run
flawlessly in my network, I'm not able to test that stuff. I'd appreciate
detailed error report concerning that one ;).
I didn't have time to look into the new cRingBuffer API yet, so I just took
the patch posted on the ML recently. Thanks BTW for that one ;)

MediaDetect-Plugin:
Since Bernd Schweikert told me he doesn't plan to maintain this plugin at the
moment, and since it is not a lot of code to be handled, I've taken that
development and introduced the first change ;). I'm planning some additions
on this one, too.

VDR2CDA-Script:
I've noticed this works only on PAL-Movies since the frame rate that is used
to calculate from video- to audio-frames is fixed. I'll try to correct that,
too

Cleaning Mainmenu:
I've posted a patch (Hide Main Menu Entry like in the latest VCD-PlugIn) to
the author of the dvd-plugin, and I'm going to post one as well to the TVTV
developer (since you don't need the mainmenu entry if you auto-update). I'll
publish them on my page in the next days until the developers (maybe) release
new versions implementing this.

New PlugIns:
I'm developing (out of a personal need) a plugin that behaves like the
MPlayer-PlugIn, with the exception that the hard work (mplayer recoding) is
done on a faster PC. I'll have to write a README, then I'll be able to
release a (first) version of this.
I'm currently planning PlugIns that simulate input- and output-devices in
order to have VDR run as a media station even without any special hardware.
For Input I plan Network Streaming, and for Output I plan X11 and Framebuffer
(maybe using mplayer).
I'm dreaming of a VDR that handles many DVB-Cards and broadcasts requested
channels to client PCs all over the network, where all stations use VDR as
the back-end as well ;)))

Well, so far ..........

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt