[vdr] Re: KVDR 0.52 / KDE 3 / SuSE 8.1

> Ok, here is some output from ddd:

<snip>
That is a bit strange to me - it crashs while constructing KApplication ?!

> BTW:
> svdrpc.cpp:17:1: warning: "_GNU_SOURCE" redefined
<snip>
Your compiler seems to be much more harsh - i always compile all my apps with
-Wall
What version do you have? Once there was a compiler with bugs...
But i will have a collegue with 8.1 looking if his system does run it without
problems.
Someone here at the list already using 8.1 with kvdr?

> svdrpc.cpp:1:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
> kvdr.xpm:118: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to
> `char*' ckvdrcfg.cpp:429:2: warning: no newline at end of file
> kvdr.cpp:55: warning: unused parameter `XErrorEvent*event'
> kvdr.cpp:636: warning: ISO C++ forbids variable-size array `rp'
> kvdr.cpp:647: warning: comparison of unsigned expression < 0 is always
> false kvdr.cpp:916: warning: `int msize' might be used uninitialized in
> this function kvdr.cpp:1354: warning: unused parameter `QResizeEvent*ev'
> kvdr.cpp:1371: warning: unused parameter `QHideEvent*ev'
> kvdr.cpp:1376: warning: unused parameter `QShowEvent*ev'
> kvdr.cpp:1795: warning: unused parameter `QMouseEvent*event'
> main.cpp:45: warning: unused parameter `int i'

> kvdr_meta_unload.cpp:1: warning: `const char*_metalist_kvdr[3]' defined but
> not used

That one is coming from "moc" - i can't even change...

That reminds me of some problem i have with my Athlons in the office, once in
a while they crash compiling the kernel or do an "internal compiler error" on
compiling some application - reason: Athlons do often overheat and are not
quite stable :-( It's just a matter of the specific failure they produce how
the result looks like - let it run several kernel comps at best with make -j
15 or so - we have 4 systems at the office and only one system runs
failureless and even this only in "Turbo Mode" disabled in Bios - and that
are expensive systems...

> Hmm, is there anything mixed up in my SuSE/KDE? It's the KDE3 version
> that comes with SuSE 8.1. I have installed all patches from
> www.suse.de/de/private/download/updates/81_i386.html up to
> autoyast2-2.6.40-0.noarch.patch.rpm (2003-01-09).

Can't tell...