[vdr] Read/Write Simulatneously

Hello,

I'm interested in using your vdr software but i have a question about it:
Is it possible with vdr to record and play at the same time (e.g : a phone
call occurs during my favourite movie, so i start to record, and i want 15 mn
later to come back to the film at the point where i left it and continue to
record until the end).
Basically : can it read and write simultaneously on the hard drive?
Are commons pc harddrives fast enough to do that?

Any comments would help me,
Thanks

Alexis

Or is it possible to configure vdr to use 2 harddrives (1 read , one write) ?