[vdr] Re: burning .vdr files to DVD+R

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 10:41:14AM +0100, Ulrich Gierschner wrote:
> On Fri 07 Feb 03 09:40, you wrote:
> > yes thats right
> > but if you first demux and transcode the *.mpv to 720 or 352 x 576 and
> > after that muxing and splitting (1GB VOB´s to create the title set)), you
> > will have bigger files to handle
>
> Which Kernel an Which Reiserfs Version can handle files over 2 GB?

<Self Hypnotize>
No i'm not back in the Stoneage.
</Self Hypnotize>

All Kernels >= 2.4.0

And your whole system has to be LFS conform. Which they SHOULD be since
>1 year.

I use VDR since 2,5 years new and i had NEVER problems with big files!
(At least not with tools that are LFS aware. Or to say it in other
words, i had never problems with the kernel-side of the problem)

Or to take a "good" example. I burn DVD-R for around 1,5 years now and i
NEVER had to split the image-files (4,5 GB) for burning them.

Bis denn