[vdr] Re: vdr2dvd.pl -> What to adapt to make AC3 VOB's ?

Ulrich Gierschner wrote:
Hi
www.morticah.net/vdr2dvd/

What can I do that it recognizes and progresses AC-3 Streams, too?
start ds.jar with the option -dvx4 and multiplex the second audio stream with mplex? But how can I multiplex two streams with mplex? The helfile/manpage is not very helpful on this question, it only says:

BUGS The multiplexer should handle AC3 and MPEG(5.1) audio too.

Do I have to decide if I want AC3 or MPEG Audio? Normally you should be able to multiplex both into the vob file, shouldn't you?
You should. But the multiplexer is only the beginning of your problems. DVDauthor creates .ifo's that contain only references to the first audio stream. Additional audio streams are ignored.
Sad as it, you have to resort to windows tools if you want a fully functional and compliant DVD.

Andreas

PS: I believe that vdr should remux/store the recordings in a DVD compliant way. However, this is not only not easy, it would also break compatibilty with old recordings that contain AC3 streams.