[vdr] How to determine if VDR is playing a file: The summary button ;o))

Hi all,

I am presently working on the "GetSummary" mod. I have
most of it up & working. Now, when you hit the "Movie-Info"
button you get either:

Live:
------
- Extended infos (similar to the summary on a recording)
- (additional infos <-- not fully implemented yet)

-> if not a messages whether the current channel supports
this or not. If it does, a messages that the info currently
isn't available or if not, a message that the channel (like RTL
at the moment) doesn't support this.

Replay:
---------

- The summary of the recorded movie, which is currently
   being replayed. If there is no summary, you get a message
  (no summary ;o))

My problems ;o)):

- How can I find out if VDR(!) is replaying a movie?

A check "Primary Device ->Replaying" (what I am using now)
doesn't always work. The above is also true, when for example
MPlayer is playing a movie. What I need is a check if VDR
itself is doing the replay. Any ideas?

I would like to implement a "show stream info"  and a  "show
movie file info". I have had a look at the DVB mpgtools. However,
they don't work for every VDR recording. Sometimes the tool
(aka streamtype) segfaults (even when done via tty w/o VDR
running).

I had a look at Mplayer. The identify option is pretty good, but
Mplayer is pretty complicated. I don't think I can pull the
necessary code out of it.  Plus it spits out some unnecessary
infos, which I would like to avoid.

I had a look at transcode 0.6.3, but I can't get it to compile. It
whines about a missing lib (eventhough I configured it as NOT
to use the missing lib). Don't remember the name of the lib
right now.

All three of the above aren't suitable to get infos about a running
(current) stream.The EPG doesn't seem to contain these infos,
so I would need to do a "on the fly" check of the stream.

Any ideas here?  Has anyone "taken Mplayer apart"? Would it
make any sense to contact the Mplayer maintainer, to see if
he has the necessary code as a seperate version?

@ Emil: It was your suggestion to add this ;o)) Do you have any
ideas how to solve the above?

Greetz & thanks,
Reinhard