[vdr] dvd and bitstreamout plugins

Hi

Has anyone managed to get the above two plugins to work together?  I have a
Sony STR-DB940 amp which like the ac3 output from the dvb card so I'm trying
to use a Trust 511 Sound Expert Digital Surround sound card.  The dvd plugin
(0.3.1) works perfectly with vdr (1.1.25) when I'm using analogue out from
the dvb card, but as soon as I install the bitstream plugin (0.43a), all I
get is a black screen and then vdr exits when I try to play a dvd.

I know the sound card is working fine with the alsa drivers as
ac3play-0.5.2f can play an ac3 stream correctly.  Also I can't get S/PDIF
passthrough to work.

If anyone has any pointers, or help as to which patches need to be
installed, then I'd be greatfull of any help ;-)

Thanks
Ray