[vdr] Re: Input-cDevice inconsistencies (?)

Sascha Volkenandt wrote:

> Hello list, hello Klaus,
>
> since I didn't get a response to that yet, (and I think at least some of the
> people here should know about that topic) I give it another try.

I did see your message the first time, just didn't have time to read
it yet.

> a) I've discovered, when using a derived Input-cDevice (which basically
> behaves like a DVB card, it can view multiple channels from the same
> transponder) as the only one, that there might be a little inconsistency
> concerning channel switching.
>
> When I switch from let's say Sat.1 to RTL, using the down-arrow-key,
> ProvidesChannel() is called, reporting that the channel is unavailable,
> because the data is still being transferred. If there is any channel on the
> same transponder, it skips all the others and calls CloseDvr() then.
>
> When I do the same, using the number keys for selecting RTL, first CloseDvr()
> is called, and after that, ProvidesChannel() tells that this channel is
> available for viewing. After that the Channel is set and displayed.
>
> Am I doing something wrong or is this an inconsistency?

I'm afraid you'll have to read trhough the source code and maybe change it
(if it turns out to be wrong). I currently don't havethe time to look into
this.

> b) When SetPid is called on my Input-cDevice, I get impossible values for int
> Type, for example ptDolby for PIDs that should be ptVideo, and Values
> completely outside the enum for PIDs that should be ptAudio.

Try adding debug output statements and see where the wrong values come from.
I'm currently really busy, so I can't look into these things...

Klaus