[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: vdr-osdteletext-0.2

Hello!
I think I found out how these two problems can be solved, but I can't test it
since it is a gcc (and perhaps glibc-include file) issue. You with these
problems are not using gcc3.2, but gcc2.9x?

> moved "#include <map>" on top of all includes, so it comes before the
> "#include <vdr" stuff. Now the __STL_CONFIG_H might be set and the vdr-core
> behaves like expected.

This is the way to go. In the stl_algobase.h of gcc3.2, the declaration of
swap has changed slightly - it is a private header - so that it obviously
does no longer interfere with VDR's.

> > > menu.c: In method `void TeletextBrowser::ShowAskForChannel()':
> > > menu.c:410: implicit declaration of function `int asprintf(...)'
> > > make[1]: *** [menu.o] Error 1
> > > make[1]: Leaving directory
>
> `/usr/local/src/VDR/PLUGINS/src/osdteletext-0.2'
>
> > asprintf is declared in stdio.h and used throughout VDR's core. See
> > above.
>
> This is within an "__USE_GNU" define in my stdio.h. I do not know anything
> about this, but i simply replaced the "asprintf" by "sprintf", removed the
> "&" from "&str", changed "char *str" some lines ahead to "char str[80]" and
> commented out the "free(str)".
> Maybe i have overseen some special function with asprintf, but the plugin
> works great now on my machine.

You need to define _GNU_SOURCE. VDR does this in its Makefile. I do not know
what has changed with gcc3.2.

A new updated version 0.2.1 is now available from
http://www.wiesweg-online.de/linux/vdr/vdr-osdteletext-0.2.1.tgz
Could you please test this?

@Klaus: Perhaps you change the newplugin script so that _GNU_SOURCE is
defined? I used asprintf because I read it all over VDR, so these errors were
very irritating for me.

> Mario
Marcel