[vdr] Re: vdr 1.0.4 compile error

On Donnerstag, 27. Februar 2003 21:53 dbc@free.fr wrote:
> I try to compile vdr on a Duron 1.3Ghz with an Hauppauge card, running a
> 2.4.21-pre3 mandrake kernel on top of a Mandrake Cooker. The driver
> compiled fine, and the card is recognised by the system (in
> var/log/message).
>
> But when I compile Vdr 1.0.4, it fails with the following messages. I did
> not find any clue on the lists, and I can't google my way out... The only
> thing I did not check yet, is that the card is not currently linked to the
> dish (I have to go downstairs and wanted it to be configured first). But
> this doesn't seem to be an issue, doesn't it ?
>
> Any idea on what I may be missing ?

Yup, think so ;)

You have to compile the drivers for the DVB-card in a directory called DVB,
which has to reside next to (i.e. in the same folder as) the vdr-1.0.4
directory. That means your driver resides in ./DVB/driver and your vdr in
./vdr-1.0.4 (seen from the same base path)

So if your driver untar'ed to ./siemens-dvb-0.9.4 or something, just create a
link:
ln -s ./siemens-dvb-0.9.4 ./DVB

If you DID that you probably compiled one of the HEAD drivers (new driver
structure). vdr-1.0.4 needs a driver of the old structure (should be
available from Klaus' page, too, the ones called siemens-dvb-*)

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt