[vdr] AW: Re: AC3 and Denon AVR

Hallo,

> Anyone got this working? (In my case STR-BD940)

I have got an STR-DB 870QS and AC3overDVB 0.1.3 (VDR 1.1.25) and
Bitstreamout (VDR 1.1.20) is both working.

I use an CMI8738 Soundcard for the bitstreamout. DVB-s J2 pin4 is connected
to the Soundcard and the external Optical SPDIF Output of the Soundcard is
connected to the Optical in of the Sony.
(Take a look at mute.sh to get it running ! Helped me a lot :)

When using AC3overDVB the Signals are also going throgh the Soundcard !!

Some time ago I connected the DVB-s J2 Pin4 directly to the Sony - that
worked with 1.0.4 too. But I had some terrible noises therfore went for the
Soundcard solution.
With 1.1.25 and AC3overDVB 0.1.3 it could be OK too - have not tested though
!!

Greetings
Christian