[vdr] Re: Software for live streaming? (streaming newbie)

Am Sam, 2003-03-15 um 00.28 schrieb Marius Berntsberg:

> Hi list!
>
> I've been playing around with ffserver and the streaming plug-in, witch
> works fairly well..
> But after a few seconds a/v is out of sync (known problem with
> ffserver), and the software is quite unstable(?) on my system.
> ffmpeg crashes often.
>
> Are there any other options for streaming live from dvb to network?
> could i use Darwin Streaming Server or mpg4ip to do the work, or any
> other software out there?
> What would i use to get such a server to read the feed, and is there
> software out there witch can create such a feed from vdr (plug-in) or
> directly from the dvb card?

You could use dvbstream.

It's a command-line proggie to tune a dvb-card which delivers a MPEG-PS
or a TS stream. It also has a telnet-port to do tuning while it is
running.

This way you could tune the DVB-card and send the TS-stream to
FFmpeg/FFserver.

I don't know how well it is working with the current driver (there were
problems mentioned on the ML) as I didn't use it for a long time.

Rene

P.S:

Does anybody know if FFmepeg/FFserver can create several feeds from
several PIDs of one TS-stream or is it only possible to extract one feed
from one TS?