[vdr] 16:9 tv

Hello, this might be just a stupid question, but if so, then so be it.

I am borrowing a 16:9 tv set, I thought this might be a good idea since alot of stuff that's on the digital channels here in sweden are in 16:9 format. But it seems that it is transmitted as 4:3 letterbox (I am not good at these broadcast/video stanrd things...). That results in the picture beeing shown (when using the 4:3 mode on the tv) correct proportion wise, but very, very small. I have black borders on all sides. Shouldn't there be some way for VDR to "rescale" to fit the full 16:9 tv screen instead of showing a small part of the tv only? I have tried to set 16:9 in the DVB setup menu, but this seemed to have no effect.

Anyone who has got an solution for me please?

/Martin