[vdr] AW: Re: AW: Re: EPG scan cause high load and AC3 drop outs

Hi,

My VDR crashed 3 times since I've updated  to 1.1.25
(I don't know why because nothing appeared in the log-files and I
haven't a VGA card in the system. Only CAPS-LOCK and SCROLL LOCK
were blinking when the crash occurs.)

I don't know if I can track down my problem to the AC3-Plugin, but
the crash occured under the following conditions:

1. Tuned channel was PRO-7 (with DD/2.0 Audio)
2. I was copying files over the network and
3. I made a backup from one HD to an other

My Hardware (As far I see no IRQ is shared)
WINTV-DVBs 		IRQ 12
WINTV Nova 		IRQ 11
Network RTL8139 	IRQ 10
Audio CM 8738 	IRQ 9
IDE0/1 		IRQ 14/15
AMD K6/2-450@416MHz
linuxdvb 1.0.0-pre2 driver

Now I've set the LATENCY_TIME to 80 and use  the hw_sections=0 option
(whatever that means) and the last hour the system runs stable at least
for the last hour...
but refering to "cat /proc/interrupts" I get a Interrupt rate of about
1000 INTs/sec if AC3 output is active (if not INT-rate is about 50/sec)
I find this is a little bit high comparing my other devices:

  0:     378005          XT-PIC  timer
  1:          2          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  3:          2          XT-PIC  lirc_serial
  4:     188711          XT-PIC  NE2000
  5:          5          XT-PIC  HiSax
  9:      80115          XT-PIC  CMI8738
 10:     103564          XT-PIC  eth0
 11:     326031          XT-PIC  saa7146(1)
 12:    3243438          XT-PIC  saa7146(0)
 14:      65575          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:     170559          XT-PIC  ide1

uptime is ~1:02 hours

Roland