[vdr] Re: Idea how to generate a OSD-Main-Menu from a plugin

I think it should be possible for a plugin to Overwrite(shadow) parts of
vdr's functionality. So one could e.g design a new recordings display
without any patching to the vdr source...
Since I "created" the request for a splitted VDR system I would love this kind of extension. But this should be done in 1.3 I think. For now I start to create a patch that does what I need. I will simply create a new timer list private to menu.c and let this one retrieve and update the list via SVDRP. This way I think I only need to modify the menu.c file and nothing else since the "viewding" VDR system will never get a recording entry in his timer list.

---
Claas Hilbrecht
http://www.jucs-kramkiste.de