[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: vdr-dsmcc-0.1.0 plugin

On 28/03/03 10:53, richard@magicality.freeserve.co.uk wrote:

Hi,

a new plugin for vdr that parses the dsmcc stream used
to transmit MHEG5 data in the UK for interactive tv
(and possibly may work for MHP, patches from Finland welcome!).

At the moment all the files are saved in /tmp/cache, so you can
browse the components (scripts/text/images). If anybody would
like to implement a MHEG5 engine we would then have the full
interactive experience!.

Download at http://www.magicality.org/code/dsmcc/

thanks,

richard.

Hi,

I try it and had some success. One thing, the dir /tmp/cache needs to exist
first so maybe you could add that to the README.

I trawled through the files looking for the TV guide but could only find
stuff about sport and betting... Maybe it would be in one of the non-created
subdirs.

It did lock up on me once but that could just have been the DXR3 OSD problem.
Also, I don't understand the purpose of the item in the main menu, or did I
miss something. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next version :-)

Sim

--
Simeon Walker, email: simeon@sbs.bangor.ac.uk
School of Biological Sciences, phone: +44 (0)1248 383702