[vdr] Re: LAN cable length / Streaming Plug-In

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 12:57:17PM +0200, J?rg Knitter wrote:

> > Try forcing the network cards to 10Mbit mode?
>
> Hi,
>
> I thought that you always get half of the output you set, so 10 MBit/s /
> 2 = 5 MBit/s is IMHO not enough.

I have no idea where you got that information :) Perhaps you're thinking of
half-duplex communication. Even with half-duplex, you will only get half the
line rate if both ends are trying to send to each other as fast as possible.

A 10Mbit network will let you peform file transfers at 1 megabyte per second -
perfectly adequate for DVB :) (perhaps not for DVD, though)

Cheers,
Gavin.