[vdr] Re: New epg source

The software does not need to re-tune the dvb-t card as it is possible to
insert epg information in bulk for all channels (using SVDRP which runs on
TCP port 2001), based on info from channels.conf. Once this has happened,
epg.data is populated with the information by the running instance of VDR.
VDR does not need to be restarted. It is also possible to allow VDR to
overwrite the EPG information from xmltv with the information received
from the DVB EPG information (in the UK this unfortunately is only "now"
and "next" hence the need for such a utility)

I have placed my script xmltv2vdr in the crontab file to run every night
to re-populate the EPG based on potential changes and to grab the next
day. So I am always 4 days ahead (xmltv only does 4 days of UK information
for some reason).

I will release the script this weekend (credits need to be made to the
authors of the sky plugin and instructions on how to get it working for UK
freeview written). How would I go about getting the script included with
latest versions of VDR?

Cheers,

Morf