[vdr] Re: VDR/UK Nova-T/dxr3 issues

At 13:16 04/04/2003, you wrote:
Hi,

This is my first posting to the list, and I'd like to say I'm impressed
with VDR, its apparent that a lot of hard work has gone into it. I will be
happy to contribute where I can - firstly I have written a script to pull
EPG listings from "xmltv" and feed them into VDR. This provides 4 days of
EPG information.
cool. Never got round finishing the script. I have something to pull data from radiotimes but it's about 200 kb download for a day which is a bit inefficient.

Ananova provides 5 days right?
day=0 -> 4 ? as in
http://www.ananova.com/tv_listings/_xmltv.php?day=day5&c=248

I am running the latest VDR dev, with dxr3 plugin and Nova-T card am
having problems with recording radio. It appears to record, but upon
playback the process hangs (even though the disk appears to read), with no
visual output and no response to commands.  The only way to restart VDR is
through a kill -9 to the process.

Also, I have seen this discussed before, but there appears to be problems
with VDR/DXR3 and getting 16:9 broadcasts with the Nova-T in the UK.
Whichever settings I use (4:3/16:9 in VDR/em3800setup) I can't seem to
get a true 16:9 picture on my widescreen display - rather always 4:3
letterbox.
both dxr3 plugin problem it seems.

Finally, I can't receive BBC2 from the Crystal Palace transmitter even
though all the other channels are perfect (and I can receive it with the
Windows Hauppauge app). Is there a problem with the channels.conf file?
Does anyone know where I can get a technical list of frequencies and PIDs
for the Freeview service? I can't seem to find them on the net... I tried
using dvbtune and this seems extremely flakey, sometimes it finds channels
and other time it completely misses them
Problems BBC News 24 by any chance too? I always thought this is related to full featured Siemens cards trying to decode. It's the first time I hear this with a dxr3 and that raises interesting points... something with setting PIDs (maybe gone with latest patches from Oliver to CVS?) is up because it seems to tune to the frequency fine but fails to show a pic.