[vdr] Re: error using mplayer and dxr3

Hi,

I think, the first thing to do is to get mplayer playing a video on the
dxr3 directly, like

killall vdr; mplayer -vo *whatever* -ao *somethingelse* /some/video

Ofcourse, playing file with mplayer -vo dxr3 works just fine. When using
a simple mplayer.sh script like "mplayer -vo dxr3 -ao oss:/dev/em8300_ma
/home/khalid/video/futurama/Futurama_06.mpg" (adding -slave makes no
differece) works if I call it directly but does not work is vdr is
calling it I the dxr3 device is already in use.
I tried today to add "sudo dxr3_ux_client.pl close" and "sudo dxr3_ux_client.pl open" around the mplayer command line execution in the end of mplayer.sh. When starting this script during a running vdr it works. It is weird that it doesn't work when mplayer plugin starts the script.

This perl script is included in the vdr dxr3 plugin. Was it intended for this purpose?

BR,
Seppo

Cheers!
	Oliver