[vdr] Re: error using mplayer and dxr3

Hi Stefan,
On Sunday 06 April 2003 22:26, you wrote:
> [...]
>
> Well, I basically understand what the patch does (sending to
> magic word to a socket), but some questions?
>
> Is this the designed way of closing the dxr3 device?
Yes, it is (see below).

> Is it a good idea to close the device without notifying the dxr3
> plugin? VDR surely would crash if someone closed it's device
> silently. Any comments from the dxr3 developers?
The listener on the other end of this socket is the DXR3-plugin ;-) It
releases the dxr3 under full control.
Normaly vdr should set the DXR3 playmode to
"pmExtern_THIS_SHOULD_BE_AVOIDED"  (see device.h) which results
in the same release-behavior.

> What effects does this code have on a machine which actualy lacks
> a dxr3 card?
The opening of the socket should simply fail...hopefully.

Stefan.