[vdr] Re: Bug in recording CA handling

Stefan Huelswitt wrote:

> On 06 Apr 2003 Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:
>
> > Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
> >>
> >> I think there is a mismatch in the way the CA values from
> >> channels.conf are used in device.c/dvbdevice.c.
> >>
> >> In many places ca>CACONFBASE is used to detect an encrypted
> >> channel (like in cDvbDevice::ProvidesChannel() and
> >> cDvbDevice::SetChannelDevice()). On the other side in
> >> cDevice::Ca() a != 0 is used.
> [...]
> > Can you please try this with
> >
> >   return cDevice::CanReplay() && Ca() <= MAXDEVICES; // we can only replay if there is no Ca recording going on
> >
> > instead of
> >
> >   return cDevice::CanReplay() && !Ca(); // we can only replay if there is no Ca recording going on
> >
> > in VDR/dvbdevice.c, cDvbDevice::CanReplay()?
>
> Well, I have been pretty busy today and unfortunaly vdr is
> recording now...
>
> I'll check this tomorrow. I'm sure that it solves the
> problem, even without test, but ...
>
> I think it's more interesting how the Ca value is defined. In the
> past I though that any value != 0 would mean an encrypted channel
> (with the difference that some are bound to a specific card and
> some not). With your change this would change, leaving Ca values
> <=MAXDEVICES without the restrictions of encrypted channels.
>
> In the meantime I searched for a temporary solution for myself
> and I change the two checks in ProvidesChannel() and
> SetChannelDevice() from >CACONFBASE to >0 (leaving these channels
> with all restictions of encrypted channels).
>
> And I think that it would be a good idea to use the same value
> for the checks everywhere (MAXDEVICES vs. CACONFBASE).

Originally there was just the device numbers (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 4) which
have bound a particular channel to a specific device. Then it turned
out that one device is able to provide more than one decryption
method, so I introduced the numbers defined in ca.conf. The "small"
values are actually deprecated and shouldn't be used any more. You
can achieve the same things (and more) by assigning the actual values
from ca.conf (or any other values you make up yourself) to the channels
and define (in the Setup/CICAM menu) which devices provide those services.
So from my point of view using numbers <CACONFBASE is actually no longer
necessary.

Klaus