[vdr] Re: cam-errors (@Klaus)

Uwe Weissbach wrote:

> Hallo Klaus,
>
> according to some topics about cam errors and an earlier topic
> about differences in several versions I have checked last days
> my computer and the difference between 1.1.23 and 1.1.26
> (we talked earlier about it) and for me it's absolutly no doubt:
> 1.1.23 has had this error with the slow menu but don't
> makes significant am errors

Please help me out here: what "slow menu" do you mean?
(Sorry if I've missed something here, I've read so many emails
today...)

> I have carefully excluded IRQ or temperature problems
> (exclusive IRQ for both of my cards, open case, second fan, etc.):
> with 1.1.23 nearly 100% of the recordings are error free
> and with 1.1.26 I have errrors in nearly every recording, because
> of the error-reading-cam-thing with following vdr-reloads...
>
> I have switched severals times between the versions (vanilla of course and
> with 1.0.0-pre2 driver) and it's replicable.
> maybe it helps you to explore the cam read error problem...

Well, since I'm not having any serious CAM problems here (I wouldn't
count one read error per day a serious problem) I'm afraid I can't do
anything about this here on my system. Somebody with a system where
the problem actually happens will have to try to debug this.

You wrote that you have compared versions 1.1.23 and 1.1.26 - what about
1.1.24 and 1.1.25? There were several changes in VDR/ca.c between these versions.
Could you try each of those to maybe further narrow this down? And with
all tests make sure you are always using the same driver. I understand
you have done your tests with driver 1.0.0-pre2. Please repeat these tests
with the same driver and VDR versions 1.1.24 and 1.1.25. Then please also
do the test with the latest driver from the DVB CVS, since there were some
changes since 1.0.0-pre2.

Sorry to put this burden on you, but as I said I can't reproduce these
CAM problems here, so I can't do any debugging.

Klaus