[vdr] Re: AC3overDVB ?

On Sunday 06 April 2003 13:40, Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
> On 05 Apr 2003 Karsten Müller <kmu@ratio.de> wrote:
> > Stefan Huelswitt wrote:

> >> The stream scanner is part of the AC3overDVB patch.
> >
> > Ok, does it produce any output everytime the vdr ist started ?
>
> Not at startup. You may see some message during replay when
> special things happen and a packet statistic at end of replay.

Hmm... haven't noticed anything like that... only "libdvdnav: ..."
messages (or is it that what you mean ?)

> In any case you should see the "new encapsulator" message in case
> a recording contains AC3/DTS frames (supposing you haven't
> disabled debug message in the source).

I have not explicitely *enabled* debug messages. Should I ? Do you need
any more information ?

> If you don't get this message either the recording doesn't
> contains AC3, multichannel is disabled or you aren't using a AC3
> enabled vdr.

Hmm... how can one disable multichannel apart from the vdr-menu ?
In setup.conf, I enabled all of the AC3 related settings, and I tried
my "old" vdr-1.0.4 and AC3 is still working....?

Again, thanks for your help, I appreciate it...

- --
with best regards
- ---
Karsten Mueller
Softwaredevelopment / Keyaccount Manager
RATIO Entwicklungen GmbH
Admiralitaetstr. 59
20459 Hamburg
Email: mailto:kmu@ratio.de