[vdr] Re: LAN cable length / Streaming Plug-In

> Jörg Knitter wrote:
>
> > Additionally, I checked if I use really ISDN wall sockets or
> > LAN sockets
> > as a lot of people told me that if I had to screw the network
> > cable, it
> > would be an ISDN wall socket. But I looked at the package and
> > it clearly
> > says LAN socket CAT6, although the cables are connected with screws.
> > So I still really wonder why signal quality gets so bad after 50m.
Are

Ulrich Petri wrote:

> Hm thats strange, never saw such animals.
> What material are the sockets build from? Can you take a picture?

Got it from MediaMarkt but currently can´t remember the manufacturers
name. I will tell you this evening/tomorrow and maybe even a weblink to
the product if there is one. Maybe you can clarify if this is a
'consumer' solution that does not deliver as much quality as the wall
sockets you know.

Jörg