[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] autopid/nvod/portal patch v7

http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~aschultz/dvd/vdr-1.1.26-autopid-8.diff.bz2

> > Andreas
> >
> > On Sunday 06 April 2003 23:29, Andreas Schultz wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > A new version of my autopib/NVOD/linked services (PW Portals) is
available
> > > at:
> > >
> http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~aschultz/dvd/vdr-1.1.26-autopid-7.diff.bz2

stable
> > > - nvod detection works, switching to alternate timeslots is not
available
> > > - linked services (PW Portals) work, finding all running sub-services
can
> > >   initialy take some seconds
> > >
> > > drawbacks/TODO:
> > > - linked services and nvod services will be added to the main channels
list
> > >   causing a slight chaos in there
> > > - video/audio pids are not cached, and vdr will always attempt to
detect
> > > them anew when switching channels
> > >
> > > The patch needs a transponders.conf and channels.conf that match each
other
> > > perfectly or vdr will fail to start properly. The versions included in
the
> > > patch work for me.

Hi Andreas,

nice work the latest (autopid9) patch:)

But 2 things i have seen will not work correctly. First one Direkt ond the
three will be added by the patch, but these channels cannot work, because
the data is wrong (12480 vertical). I could not understand how this can
happen....

The second is sometimes vdr fail to get an correct pmt-pid at very fast
zapping on premiere-channels. Because i could not see any error in eit.c to
get the pat, i think this must be an driver related problem. I think in this
case (pmt-pid == 0x0000) we should reread the pat. I have solve this at the
moment with an very dirty loop.....

  if (siProcessor) {
     siProcessor->SetCurrentTransponder(Channel->Source(), Channel->Tid());
     siProcessor->SetPendingProgramID(Channel->Sid());
     siProcessor->SetStatus(true);
     for (loop; loop < 2; loop++) {
         if (siProcessor->Wait4PidSync()) {
            vPid  = siProcessor->Vpid();
            aPid1 = siProcessor->Apid1();
            aPid2 = siProcessor->Apid2();
            dPid1 = siProcessor->Dpid1();
            dPid2 = siProcessor->Dpid2();
            tPid  = siProcessor->Tpid();
            pmtPID = siProcessor->PMTPID();
         }
         if (pmtPID |= 0x0000) break;
         printf("looping siProcessor to %d \n", loop);
    }
  }

  if (!pmtPID) {
     if (Interface) Interface->Error("No service available!");
  }

very nasty sideeffect: If an service transmit no data, it takes some time
bevor i  can switch zu another channel:( But i have seen no wrong pmt-pid
after the second loop anymore.

I think there should be some simalary in eit.c in an (very) future release.

greetings

Andreas Share