[vdr] Re: Problems when running out of disk space

Jörg Knitter wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> yesterday I reproduced a bug I had several times before. When there is
> only around 30 minutes of free space left on the HD, VDR displays the
> message 'Disk nearly full'.
> Everytime, when this message is being displayed, my VDR crashes and is
> being restarted by the watchdog timer. As the recording still is listed
> in the timer list, I have really to be fast to turn the timer off before
> VDR again displays the message and crashes again.
>
> My /video partition uses FAT32, I use VDR 1.1.26 (sorry, not vanilla!).
> This bug also happened on my system in former versions of VDR.
>
> Any hints, or is it not a bug, but a feature? :-)

If you have set your watchdog timer to anything below 30 seconds then it
is a feature, not a bug ;-)

The "Low disk space!" message has a timeout of 30 seconds, during which the
main program loop is not executed and thus any watchdog timer less than or equal
to 30 seconds will be triggered. Please try a watchdog timer that is larger
than 30 seconds (but please don't use 31 seconds and expect that to work under
any and al circumstances ;-) - I suggest to keep the defult value of 60 seconds,
as used in 'runvdr').

Klaus