[vdr] Question about volume setting

I have barely enough keys on my remote to map the following keys:

            Up, down, left, right, menu, ok, back, red, green, yellow, blue,
0-9

I think this is the minimal set of keys that VDR can be used without too
many compromises, except for the volume setting.

Is there any way to change the volume without volume keys? Has anyone
figured out a sensible way to handle this situation?

                                                            Teemu