[vdr] Volume control and mute don't work with DXR3

Hi folks!

I can't control the volume on my DXR3 card. Since I cannot find anything
about it in the source code of vdr/DXR3-plugin and em8300 device driver, I
assume that this is a hardware problem and it's just impossible to control
the volume. Can anybody confirm this, or am I overlooking something?

If this is true, would it be easily possible to overcome this problem by
software? I think it must be possible to decode the sound data and reencode
it again using a lower sound level. However, this is probably very complex.

Ciao,

Tobias

--
Tobias Haustein