[vdr] Re: vdr cuts recordings with ugly artifacts at cutting-points

On 14 Apr 2003 Manfred Schmidt-Voigt <manfred.schmidt-voigt@mannitec.de> wrote:

> I think, this is only the front half of the medaile(?). What about
> the cutmark at the end of a piece? Is there also the need to include
> the following GOP as broken? If I cut the commercials out of a movie
> there is sometimes the loss of the last sentence in a dialog and
> its very noisy at the cutmark.

I'll have to investigate this last GOP.

But audio is a different thing. VDR cuts based on I-frames and
doesn't take care of PTS. As usually video is early comparing to
audio, a end-cut-mark cuts away some audio packets which actualy
belong to the sequence (IMHO).

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan