[vdr] Re: Feature Request: All-Time-Recording

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 04:14:29PM +0200, Reinhard Walter Buchner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I have an idea for another "nice-to-have" feature for VDR:
> > Some Settop-Boxes record the current tuned channel to
> > harddisk all the  time,

<snip>

> What *I* never understood about this idea (you aren't
> the first to mention it ;o)) is *what is it good for*????
> Why do people want to buffer their stream to RAM or
> HDD. Just for fear that you might miss out on 2 minutes
> of the movie?

Me doesn't understand it 2.

I always record the things i watch. (It can always be that that you are
"indisposed" (Working longer ...))

And no, i don't zap around to look for thinks to watch. I have full
confidence in my master-timer to record everything i want to watch.
(Guess for what purpose "movie.pl" and "series.pl" were written)

Bis denn