[vdr] Re: vdr cuts recordings with ugly artifacts at cutting-points

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Wiljo Heinen (WH) wrote:

WH> Sergei Haller wrote:
WH> [...]
WH>
WH> >
WH> >  -  Now I mark the GOP of the package p6 as "broken".
WH> >     Thus I have the video stream until (and including) the GOP of package
WH> >     p5. And I have all the Audio frames which correspond to the frames of
WH> >     the GOP of p5.
WH> >                        --- or did I miss something here? ---
WH> >
WH>
WH> It could be that there is a misunderstanding here of what the "broken link"
WH> mark does: Essentially it tells the decoder to ignore all B-frames that are
WH> (in time) before the first I-frame. So if you mark a GOP with the "broken
WH> link" flag it is not that the GOP is suppressed as a whole, but only the
WH> first few frames (if any - depending on the GOP structure).

Oh, now I see. I understood it the other way around:
   If I want to have stream beginning with the GOP from package p6, I
   actually need the package p5 also, which I then mark as broken. then
   the GOP from p5 is suppressed but p6 can find the referrenced frames.

So forget about my idea.

c ya
        Sergei
--