[vdr] Audio & Muting SPDIF

Hi Klaus, all,

> Reinhard, PLEASE don't mix several different topics
> into one single message!!!!

Sorry. This happens when I sit in front of VDR and test
several (sometimes new) things. Doing so, I make note
of what I did while actually doing it. So sometimes I add
new things to an old or other topic. I'll try to avoid this
in the future.

New try for the SPDIF & audio problem ;o)

I *now* found out why the Mute button doesn't work with
digital SPDIF output ;o)) When you mute VDR's output
your ToggleMute only sets Volume to zero. However, you
*can't* control the digital volume output, so in order to mute
the SPDIF output, here is what I did:

In dvbdevice.c:

void cDvbDevice::Mute(void)
{
  if (fd_audio >= 0) {
     CHECK(ioctl(fd_audio, AUDIO_SET_AV_SYNC, false));
     CHECK(ioctl(fd_audio, AUDIO_SET_MUTE,(cDevice::
     PrimaryDevice()->IsMute()) ? false : true));
     }
}

and in vdr.c I changed:

case kMute:
               if (key == kMute) {
                  ((cDvbDevice*)cDevice::PrimaryDevice())->Mute();
                  if (!cDevice::PrimaryDevice()->ToggleMute() && !Menu)
                     break; // no need to display "mute off"
                  }

Now VDR mutes all sound outputs when hitting kMute.
Grrr! Well is does so for FTA channels! I just did some more
testing:

- on an encrypted channel and here it only mutes the analog
   part. Sh..!

- trying this with a replay recording doesn't work for SPDIF out

- MP3 Plugin: Here ist even messes up the sound. Although the
   mute part works just fine it somehow can't resync on demute,
  which results in a hacked noise ;o(, which can only be stopped
  by stopping and restarting replay.

Klaus, anyone: any idea, why it doesn't work for the above
points? For FTA channels the changes work perfectly. I'm
(still) out of ideas right now ;o( I also tried setting AV_SYNC
back to true after and before demuting, but it didn't help
rule out the problem. It would be nice to able to mute all
sound outputs of the DVB card. In another version, I also
changed how to demute. You could either press Mute again
or if you hit the volume button (up or down) it would
automatically demute the output. But before we settle on
how to demute, I(we) have to find a way so this works for
crypted channels and a replay (be it VDR or a plugin)

Greetz,
Reinhard

---
Mail is certified Virus Free.