[vdr] Re: DVD plugin problems (with & without AC3overDVB patch)

> On Monday 14 April 2003 10:01, Andreas Mair wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > this weekend I tried to watch the "Back to the future" DVD edition
with
> > vdr v1.1.26, DVD plugin 0.3.1, AC3overDVB v0.1.4 patch and
> > dvd-0.3.1-AC3overDVB patch.
> > -> no success, screen stays black.
> >
> > Then I tried it with an unpatched vdr, with only DVD and remote
plugin
> > loaded.
> > -> I have all the video, but sound is only some noise.
> >
> > I already watched the DVDs with vdr v1.0.4 and the latest AIO patch,
so
> > it already worked.
> >
> > If you need more information (logs etc.) please tell me!

Have/had similar problems with my "Ambra" DVD. The screen stayed black,
nothing happened with the patched version while the vanilla VDR made no
problems. Additionally, accessing the audio menu of the DVD made VDR
crash.

Concerning the first problem, try to press the 'next chapter' or 'menu'
button. This also caused my "Ambra" DVD to work.
Concerning the second problem: IMHO, the DVD seems to check with DVD
scripting commands, which audio stream is currently selected. So if I
enter the audio selection menu, VDR crashes. If I start the movie first,
change a different stream and then enter the audio selection menu, it
works.

Concerning the "Back to the future" DVD: If you have the German version,
I can check if this works on my system as I have the same one.
BTW: On this DVD you can see that the DVD plugin still has major
problems with subpictures: Select the commentary subpicture and you will
get a nice crash as this one uses animated subpictures which is not
often found on German DVDs :-).

With kind regards

Jörg