[vdr] Re: Problems with acpi, linuxdvb and VDR

On Dienstag, 22. April 2003 03:59, Sebastian Kemper wrote:
> Peter Bossy wrote:
> >my vdr-system (see below, signature) does work bad, if i'm using
> > it with acpi. Then the pc locks and freezes completely for
> > minutes, inclusive all network connections and the console. But
> > acpi does not share an interrupt with the linuxdvb-driver:
> >
> > $cat /proc/interrupts
> >           CPU0
> >  0:      27083          XT-PIC  timer
> >  1:          2          XT-PIC  keyboard
> >  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
> >  4:        355          XT-PIC  lirc_serial
> >  5:     128445          XT-PIC  saa7146(1)
> >  8:          2          XT-PIC  rtc
> >  9:          0          XT-PIC  acpi
> > 11:        398          XT-PIC  saa7146(0), eth0
> > 14:       3008          XT-PIC  ide0
> > 15:          2          XT-PIC  ide1
> >NMI:          0
> >LOC:      27051
> >ERR:         34
> >MIS:          0
> >
> >If vdr is not running or acpi is off all is fine, even when the
> >dvb-modules are loaded.
> >
> >I do need acpi, because the system can't be powered off without
> > it. Does anybody have an idea about the reasons?

> soundcard and gfxcard are not listed. Sound takes mostly irq 5.
> In case you don't need the soundcard, make sure it's plugged out
> or disabled in bios. Suppose gfxcard is irq 10. So that should'nt
> be the problem. But look in /proc/pci to make sure. Just play
> around with your pci cards and put them in other slots until the
> problem vanishes.

The gfxcard does not use an irq in use with console only.
No, it is not a problem of shared irq's. Now I tried it a little bit
harder with soundcard, usb and firwire, but without acpi:

cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0:      28940          XT-PIC  timer
  1:        114          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  3:          0          XT-PIC  usb-ohci
  4:       3099          XT-PIC  lirc_serial
  5:      14313          XT-PIC  saa7146(1), ohci1394
  7:         39          XT-PIC  usb-ohci
  8:          2          XT-PIC  rtc
 10:          0          XT-PIC  CMI8738-MC6
 11:       5516          XT-PIC  saa7146(0), eth0
 14:       4049          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:          2          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
LOC:      28908
ERR:          6
MIS:          0

And vdr is running fine with all that. Only acpi is the problem.

--
Greetings
Peter

VDR-System:
Shuttle SS40G, gentoo-linux 1.4
Kernel 2.4.20, gcc 3.2.2, glibc 2.3.1
CFLAGS="-march=athlon-xp -O3 -pipe"
1 x Siemens-Fujitsu DVB-S
1 x WinTV-Nova-S
vdr-1.1.26, linux-dvb-1.0.0_pre2
current status: working well without acpi,
system locks and freezes for minutes
if used with acpi
current used vdr-plugins:
1. vcd: working perfect