[vdr] Re: DVD plugin problems (with & without AC3overDVB patch)

> > > On Monday 14 April 2003 10:01, Andreas Mair wrote:
>

> > Concerning the second problem: IMHO, the DVD seems to check with DVD
> > scripting commands, which audio stream is currently selected. So if
> > enter the audio selection menu, VDR crashes. If I start the movie
first,
> > change a different stream and then enter the audio selection menu,
it
> > works.
>
> You mean with my unpatched vdr?
> With that vdr I can watch the DVD and select the audio track, but only
> with
> noise when there should be some sound.
> There had been no crash when I enter the audio selection menu.

As I wanted to say before: This seems to be a special problem related to
this peculiar DVD. Unfortunately, this is a music DVD with one of the
best DD and DTS tracks ever produced ("Ambra" seems to have become some
kind of 'reference' DVD for surround tests and presentations) - that´s
why I wanted to get it to work with VDR :-)

> > BTW: On this DVD you can see that the DVD plugin still has major
> > problems with subpictures: Select the commentary subpicture and you
will
> > get a nice crash as this one uses animated subpictures which is not
> > often found on German DVDs :-).
>
> If I ever get it work with the new vdr, I'll try to crash it ;-)

This might also happen with Windows and PowerDVD as this one also has
some problems with animated subpicture...

Jörg