[vdr] Re: vdr2divx status?

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Christian Berger wrote:

>Am Dienstag, 22. April 2003 18:09 schrieben Sie:
>> hello list,
>>
>> after the release of the mplayer 0.9 final. are there any efforts to code a
>> divx encoding plugin? what about the vdr2divx project. i havent read
>> something about it since a long time.
>
>Well I currently use a little script which calls mencoder. It's a hack, but it
>works quite well.

Would this mean that any recording could be encoded into divx? I have
sometimes wanted to share shows/movies with a friend that does not own a
VDR box (not even any digi TV). Divx would be ideal for that.

--
Somewhere around the place I've got an unfinished short story about
Schroedinger's Dog; it was mostly moaning about all the attention the cat