[vdr] Re: mplayer.sh 0.8.1

Am Donnerstag, 24. April 2003 14:58 schrieben Sie:
> Jarkko Santala wrote:
> > On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Juri Haberland wrote:
> >> A Duron 1100 might not be fast enough to play hires DIVX files via DVB,
> >> because mplayer has to decode the DIVX and then encode it as MPEG1 *in
> >> real time*! Check the load of the system while watching your video.
> >
> > My previous Duron 900 setup with 133MHz SDRAM was _just_ fast enough to
> > play DivX with mplayer to dxr3 which I guess would be directly comparable
> > to doing the same thing for a dvb card.
> >
> > In other words, Duron 1100 should be fast enough especially if you have
>
> It all depends on the divx file's data rate. I'm pretty sure I could
> find a file that you cannot play on your machine ;)
> At least with a DV file you lose.

With all normal¹ divx I haven't had problems here (¹ bitrate from 800 to 1600)
(Duron 1,1 Ghz/133 sdram but a good board (speak not a k7s5a) and if the cpu
is not fast enough it is good enough if it is scaled down to a quarter (speak
half h and half v resolution)

Greets

Steffen