[vdr] Re: EPG language selection in Finland (experimental dif

Ragnar Sundblad wrote:

> --On den 27 april 2003 20:39 +0300 Lauri Tischler <lauri.tischler@efore.fi>
> wrote:
>

>>>You are correct, I'll make the change. I put up the codes quite quickly
>>>and didn't notice that there was more than one possible abbreviation for
>>>a language. I guess this is a better source than the one I used:
>>>
>>>	http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/ert/iso639.htm
>>
>>I believe that authoritative answer can be found here
>>
>>http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/langhome.html
>

> Authoritative or not, it doesn't say "sve" as some networks
> obviously are using instead of "swe" for Swedish subtitles,
> but the w3.org one does. Arrrg...

Arrghh, indeed  :)
Why can't people use standards if there is one , argh..
Another question about languages, it appears the DVD uses two-letter
form of language code (iso 639-1), _but_ do some dvd's use
three-letter codes ?
I'm asking because DVD-plugin does not show subtitels on some
dvd's.