[vdr] Re: a few dxr3 plugin issues

On Thursday 01 May 2003 04:53, Malcolm Caldwell wrote:
> I am currently running dxr plugin version 0.1.8 with vdr-1.1.29.
>
> I thought this might be a good time to report a few problems I have:
>
> 1.  Sound
> When I first start vdr the channel I view most has no Audio.  If I wait
> several minutes sound starts.  Alternatively if I change channels to a
> particular channel (lets call it 'R') the sound starts and then all
> channels continue to work.

I saw this problem also a few times and every time I saw it I found an
entry in /var/log/messages:

linux vdr[2481]: ERROR (dvbdevice.c,547): Device or resource busy

=> so I assume that this is no dxr3-plugin problem but a VDR / driver
problem.

> Here is the funny part:  For 0.1.7 and 0.1.8 the sound on channel 'R' is
> usually played too fast, high pitched with gaps.  Sometimes if I wait a
> few minutes it returns to normal.

OK, I think this problem is caused by a wrong detected audio header.
Just try the following patch:

*** dxr3audiodecoder.c_orig	Fri Apr 25 00:13:04 2003
--- dxr3audiodecoder.c	Thu May  1 11:05:36 2003
*************** void cDxr3AudioDecoder::Decode(const uin
*** 54,60 ****
      };

      int i = 0;
!     for (i = 0; i < length-4 && !foundHeader; i++) {
          unsigned int tempHead = *((unsigned int*)(buf+i));
          if (HeadCheck(tempHead)) {
              if ((buf[i+2] & 0xFC) != (lastHeader[2] & 0xFC)) {
--- 54,60 ----
      };

      int i = 0;
!     for (i = 0; i < length-4 && !foundHeader && pts; i++) {
          unsigned int tempHead = *((unsigned int*)(buf+i));
          if (HeadCheck(tempHead)) {
              if ((buf[i+2] & 0xFC) != (lastHeader[2] & 0xFC)) {

This should fix the sporadic audio problems as well.

> 2.  Cut recordings
> Cut recordings don't replay for me.  If I just cut some from the
> beginning and some from the end the recording will replay.  However if I
> cut anything (like a commercial) out from the middle of a program the
> recording will fail upon hitting the cut mark.  The appearance is that
> the device freezes and I have to restart vdr to get any further.

Sorry, but I can't reproduce this problem. Cutting works for versions on my
system. I would need a sample stream to debug the problem but
unfortunately my internet bandwith is limited.

- Kai -