[vdr] Re: problem using 2DVB-cards with vdr

----- Original Message -----
From: "Olaf Brömme" <ob@oli-be.de>

> Hi,
> i've got a problem using 2 DVB-cards (HPP Nexus-s + Nova-s) with vdr
(1.1.29).
> Some times the tv-program interrupts, tv-screen becomes black and tone is
> lost. After nearly 10...50 seconds both come back and works fine for a
while.
> It takes place on some channels only, watched on Pro7, Sat1 and K1.
> Noticeable: all on Astra transponder 104 with vertical polarisation.
> If the dvb-driver (2003-04-27) runs lonely (switched to one of these
stations)
> without vdr, the problem doesn't appear. If the Nova-s is removed, (vdr
and
> Nexus-s only) everything is all right too.

Hi Olaf,

just an idea:

I've read some time ago that there ist a (hardware) problem with two sat
tuner modules located near each other (like if you install two cards in the
same computer). If both tuners are tuned to the same transponder frequency,
there was a kind of interference, resulting in a lost sync for both of the
tuners. The solution for this was to tune both tuners to a slightly
different fequency (don't know if this solution is implemented in the driver
or vdr...). Maybe, in your system, the frequency tolerances for the tuners
are in a way that an attempt to tune to slightly different frequencies
result in exactly the same frequency in reality.

You may see this behavoiur only with vdr, because its EPG scanner switch
channels on the secondary card while you're watching with the primary.

Hope this helps a bit...
Christian