[vdr] Remote-Timers (was: Re: vdr died just after start)

On Freitag, 2. Mai 2003 21:45 Rantanen Teemu wrote:
> I'm not familiar enough with the Plugin-API to know what you can do and
> what not, but there's at least one crude way to do the polling. Take SVDRP
> connection to master VDR and to local VDR to check timers. Quite ugly way I
> admit, but I could live with that even if the polling was done only once /
> minute or so...

I must say I'd prefer the second way, because Remote-Timers would incorporate
a lot of code-copying from the original VDR (which also requires to keep up
with it when the original code changes). That's because "Timers" is not only
the Menu itself. I like to program timers from within the "Programme" Menu,
too (would have to be replaced as well).

The only thing to do is to make the client VDR ignore all timers silently
(which should not be a big problem) ;)

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt