this feature. We are zapping a lot around when advertisement is breaking
the films and for that prefermenu is perfect! One thing I found anoying.
The list of channels in the prefermenu plugin is always 7 lines long.
This is much to much for my purposes. Some other guy at www.vdrportal.de
requested this feature also. So I gave it a try yesterday evening.

Please be aware that this was my first attemt using c and c++ for VDR.
So perhaps ist some sort of quick and dirty. But it works great. I have
added an additional property in the setup called "Lines". It has a range
from 1 to 3 and represents the number of lines above the selection. So 3
Lines would give the known behavior (3 below and 3 above the selection
is 7 lines).

Perhaps this is something the author could include in the official
release.

You could find this version at www.lf-klueber.de/prefermenu-0.5.3.tgz

Two additional questions I have regarding the programming of plugins.

1) I would like to have a Setup Parameter which allows only the
selection of 3,5 and 7. How is that possible? OK, I could use Text
properties and than try to convert this values with a switch or
something. Any hints for an upcomming VDR coder?

2) How to create a patch. I tried yesterday most of the time in creating
something wich could be applied as patch for an official prefermenu
plugin version. But I did not managed it. So perhaps someone could hint
me to a page (or explain how to) create a patch.

TNX and enjoy.
--
Ralf.Klueber@Vodafone.com           Vodafone D2 GmbH
Group Leader 'Radio Network Planning Tools and Methods'