[vdr] Re: cReceivers in plugins

On Fri, 9 May 2003, Sascha Volkenandt wrote:

>On Freitag, 9. Mai 2003 09:35 Jan Ekholm wrote:
>> What can be done to make a plugin start after the privary device is
>> initialized? Activating the plugin later from the menu is a kludge (that
>> would work, of course), and makes it harder to test (can't really do it
>> over ssh, need access to the remote control and TV, which means sneakernet
>> traffic).
>
>Maybe you could use a cStatus and attach/activate your receiver on the first
>ChannelSwitch() that is done on the PrimaryDevice. At that time it surely
>will exists ;)

Good idea. Would a ChannelSwitch() always get done when the device is
initialized, or do I have to manually switch channels? If it has to be
done manually then it suffers from the same sneakernet syndrome as
manually activating the plugin. :)

--
                        "Bingeley bingeley beep!"
               -- The Personal Disorganizer, Terry Pratchett in Feet of Clay