[vdr] Plugin problem

I have been trying to get dxr3 plugin version 1.0.9 working for the last
day or so - every time I started vdr it would crash.

In doing this I discovered another problem that perhaps has been the
cause of some of my problems with this plugin.

The problem is that the dxr3 plugin cannon upload microsoft to my card.
I have no idea why this is the case.  I have setup my modules.conf so
that em8300setup is called automatically when the driver is loaded - and
em83000setup successfully uploads the microcode.  Whenever the plugin
trys I get the error
  Microcode upload to failed:

The "problem" I had with version 1.0.9 is it always tried to upload the
microcode on startup (unlike previous versions).

Does anyone have any clues as to why the plugin cannot upload my
microcode?