[vdr] Re: EPG for UK users?

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 05:51:34PM +0100, Richard Walker wrote:

> >I found a debian woody source for xmltv, and it's currently downloading
> >listings (very slowly..) from the Radio Times website - I got XML::Twig
> >errors when I tried to use the Ananova grabber - yes that perl module
> >*is* installed :)
>
> Yeah, there are Debian packages for the various Perl modules - just
> make sure you've installed them.

Yes, I found an apt woody source for xmltv, so it took in all the relevant dependencies
automatically :) $debian++; etc....  I might write to the maintainer about it, in case it's a
specific Perl version issue..

> >Aside from that, I'll see what happens when the RT grabber finishes =)
>
> I never tried the Radio Times grabber.

In the end it did work perfectly, but took about 2 hours to get 14 day listings for 8
channels...

I shudder to think about getting listings for the full SkyDigi packages, etc.

>   a) the Ananova listings tend to change

I thought the point of the Ananova grabber was that Ananova itself offers listings in a raw
XML format, which the xmltv parser then just transcodes into its own XML format ?

>   b) MotorsTV (my favourite channel!) isn't listed

Ah yes, I think I've seen MotorsTV and shuddered at the appalling MPEG artefacts as they pan
round a racetrack at high speeds :) It makes me think of early Indeo/Cinepak .AVI clips on
'486 Multimedia PCs', actually :)

Cheers,
Gavin.