[vdr] Re: ERROR: unexpected tag while reading EPG data: c

Am Son, 2003-05-11 um 13.03 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
> Rene Bartsch wrote:
> >
> > Am Son, 2003-05-11 um 12.06 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:

> > > Well, but Gregoire's problem occurs with the _dvb-kernel_ driver, _not_
> > > with DVB HEAD. So it would appear the DVB HEAD is more stable ;-)
> > >

> > Except a nice NULL POINTER crash in some hardware constellations ... ;o)
>
> Well, then somebody should fix it!

I've posted that oops several times with several driver versions for a
year now on linux-dvb, but nothing improved!

> > After 1.2.0 VDR should have something like NEWSTRUCT-parameter for
> > makefile.
>
> Oh no, please not again!!!!!
>
> Isn't the dvb-kernel driver API compatible to DVB HEAD?

Should be.

I compiled and installed dvb-kernel-CVS from 2003-05-08 on a box and
compiled VDR against DVB-Head 2003-04-27 from your ftp.

In a 15-minute test VDR worked fine except remote-control (maybe
handling the IR-codes has changed in dvb-kernel, I had no time to test
new keymaps).

I couldn't do more tests, so I cannot give any statement to Gregoire's
problems on EPG as the EPG-file was from DVB-Head.

Maybe Gregoire can test compiling VDR against DVB-Head and running
dvb-kernel. This might solve the EPG-problem.

Rene