Mailing List archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[vdr] VDR developer version 1.1.31
VDR developer version 1.1.31 is now available at
The changes since version 1.1.30:
- Introduced the new function cPlugin::Initialize(), in order to be able to separate
the startup of a plugin into an "early" (Initialize()) and "late" (Start()) phase
(suggested by Andreas Schultz). Plugin authors should please read the section
about "Getting started" in PLUGINS.html and adapt their code if applicable.
- Implemented the CableDeliverySystemDescriptor and TerrestrialDeliverySystemDescriptor
in libdtv (thanks to Sven Grothklags and Andreas Schultz)
- Fixed keeping live video active in case the primary device doesn't have an MPEG
decoder (thanks to Wolfgang Goeller for reporting this one).
- Implemented cDevice::ActualDevice(), which returns the actual receiving device in
case of 'Transfer Mode', or the primary device otherwise. This may be useful for
plugins that want to attach a cReceiver to the device where the current live video
is actually coming from.
- Added VDRVERSNUM to config.h, which can be used by the preprocessor to check the
actual VDR version (suggested by Stefan Huelswitt).
- Removed the WaitForPut/WaitForGet stuff from cRingBuffer, since it appears to
no longer be necessary due to the implementation of cNonBlockingFileReader in
dvbplayer.c. Also, the long timeout in WaitForPut caused problems with cReceivers
that use a ring buffer and didn't immediately return from their Receive() function
if the buffer runs full (thanks to Sascha Volkenandt for reporting this one).
- Fixed handling EPG data where the "extended event descriptor" comes before the
"short event" or a "time shifted event" (thanks to Jonan Santiago).
- Disabled the "Received stuffing section in EIT" log message.
- Updated 'channels.conf.terr' for Berlin (thanks to Juri Haberland).
- Avoiding short display of the "Main" menu when pressing the "Recordings" button
or the "Back" button during replay.
- Further increased the timeout until an index file is considerd no longer to be
- Implemented separate PausePriority and PauseLifetime parameters for the recordings
created when pausing live video (suggested by Alfred Zastrow).
- Changed C++ style comments in libdtv into C style to avoid warnings in gcc 3.x
(thanks to Andreas Schultz).
The driver version I currently use is
which is the CVS 'HEAD' version from 2003-05-10, made available as a complete
archive for your convenience. Of course, you can also use any newer version from
Since I want to release the final version 1.2.0 pretty soon (first week of June,
if possible) I am not going to add any more new features. Until 1.2.0 only bugfixes
will be done. There may still be some unfixed bugs that have already been reported,
but maybe have been buried in my inbox under hundreds of other messages. This mostly
happens if somebody sends a bug report as a reply to the release note (like the message
you are currently reading), or without a descriptive subject.
So, if there are any serious bugs that you think should be fixed before version 1.2.0,
please report them in a separate message with a descriptive subject.
Klaus Schmidinger Phone: +49-8635-6989-10
CadSoft Computer GmbH Fax: +49-8635-6989-40
Hofmark 2 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
D-84568 Pleiskirchen, Germany URL: www.cadsoft.de
To unsubscribe send a mail to email@example.com with "unsubscribe vdr" as subject.
Main Index |